What happens in a non injury accident if the at fault driver left the scene? 3 Answers as of January 24, 2011

What rights do I have if someone hit me and left the scene in a non-injury accident by I have their license plate number?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
El Dabe Law Firm
El Dabe Law Firm | Edmond El Dabe
The at fault driver is guilty of hit and run and the victim should file a police report relating to the accident. In California, hit and run is a misdemeanor charge.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 1/24/2011
Diana K. Zilko, Attorney at Law
Diana K. Zilko, Attorney at Law | Diana K. Zilko
Contact the police if you have not done so already, and file a report. Provide to them the license plate number. Hopefully, you have uninsured motorist coverage, and can make a claim against your own insurance policy for vehicle damage until the at-fault party can be located.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 1/18/2011
Click to View More Answers: