What happens if you get arrested while on federal probation? 8 Answers as of September 12, 2012

My ex-boyfriend was released from federal custody in January of 2012 after being incarcerated for 11 months. His charge was felony in possession of a firearm. He is still currently on federal probation. On Saturday July 28 of this year, he attacked my new boyfriend and me. He was arrested and charged with assault with a deadly other than a firearm. For charges like that and being on federal probation, what is he possibly facing as far as the current and past charges?

Prison, both because of a violation of his federal probation and also in state court for the new offense.
He likely gets his probation violated, and returned to jail/prison to serve out the original sentence. He also gets to defend the new charges.
Lee Law Group | Ernest Lee
Friend: He will most probably be arrested and have to face a probation violation hearing. He may or may not be able to post bail while awaiting his hearing. Most likely not, especially considering the violent nature of his recent, shall we say, activities. He should be represented at his probation violation hearing so he can put up some sort of explanation to mitigate his conduct.
Steven Alpers | Steven Alpers
In state court he could get up to 2-3-4 years in prison if they only charge the one assault. If they charge 2 assaults on for you and one for your boyfriend he could get up to 5 years in prison. Those are the maximums, he could get less depending on the facts. He could also get time for the federal charge depending on the sentencing matrix.
First thing is that they will violate his parole for the new crime. Then who knows if the state will prosecute but if they do he will most likely get additional prison time.? Glad you have a new boyfriend. The old one sounds like a real asshole.
    Law Office of Jared C. Winter
    Law Office of Jared C. Winter | Jared C. Winter
    Whenever a person is on felony probation, whether it is state or federal, and then that person picks up a new case, they are facing time for both the new charge and a probation violation. Without knowing the particulars about his probation, I can't give you an accurate estimate about the time is actually facing.
    Thomas C. Brandstrader Attorney At Law | Thomas C. Brandstrader
    His mandatory supervised release will be revoked and he will have to finish the remainder of the sentence.