What happens if you are sentenced to prison for VOP but then charges are dropped? Will they release you from prison? 1 Answers as of September 29, 2017

My sister’s boyfriend had a warrant for stalking his ex-wife a few months ago while he was on probation. He was arrested in one county and sent to prison for 3 years for My sisters boyfriend had a warrant for stalking his ex wife a few months ago while he was on probation. He was arrested in one county and sent to prison for 3 years for VOP. The county that placed the warrant out for him never even formally charged him. My sister got a letter today stating that all charges were dropped because they had no evidence that he was stalking her. He also had an alibi for the times she said he was stalking her. The only reason he even violated his probation was for being arrested for stalking his ex. Now that the charges are dropped will they release him from prison?. The county that placed the warrant out for him never even formally charged him. My sister got a letter today stating that all charges were dropped because they had no evidence that he was stalking her. He also had an alibi for the times she said he was stalking her. The only reason he even violated his probation was for being arrested for stalking his ex.

R. Jason de Groot, P.A
R. Jason de Groot, P.A | R. Jason de Groot
Someone needs to go see a private criminal defense attorney and take copies of all relevant documents with you. Anyone who is charged with any crime needs a private criminal defense attorney in my opinion. It seems to me that this is one of the hugest mistakes that I have ever heard of in over 32 years of practicing as a criminal defense lawyer. He needs a professional on his side immediately, a motion needs to be submitted to the sentencing court which clearly shows this error.