What happens if you are 19 years old, with no criminal record but gets caught with a registered pistol? 7 Answers as of July 11, 2014

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Michael Breczinski
Michael Breczinski | Michael Breczinski
This depends on the circumstances that were involved in the incident. I need to know more.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 7/11/2014
Lawrence Lewis
Lawrence Lewis | Lawrence Lewis, PC
You get charged and prosecuted for the offense.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 7/1/2014
Shalvoy Law, LLC | Walter A. Shalvoy Jr.
Are you licensed to carry? That would make a difference. If not you are looking at a very difficult case. You should speak with an attorney as soon as possible.
Answer Applies to: Connecticut
Replied: 6/30/2014
Thomas SanFilippo & Associates, LLC | Thomas SanFilippo
Depends on how you were carrying it. You are probably charged with carrying a concealed firearm without a license. It's a serious offense. Having no criminal record helps, but you need to hire an attorney if you don't want any jail time or a conviction on your record.
Answer Applies to: Missouri
Replied: 6/30/2014
Barton Barton & Plotkin
Barton Barton & Plotkin | Maurice Ross
You face a felony gun charge and possibly theft since I assume you are not the registered owner. Jail is quite likely. You need a lawyer as soon as possible.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 6/30/2014
    Law Office of Eric Sterkenburg
    Law Office of Eric Sterkenburg | Eric Sterkenburg
    That depends on how the pistol was carried, and the size of the pistol. If the pistol was concealed, you have violated the law. In most cases this would be a misdemeanor. Misdemeanors in California are punished by up to one year in the county jail and/or $1000 fine.
    Answer Applies to: California
    Replied: 6/30/2014
    Musilli Brennan Associates PLLC
    Musilli Brennan Associates PLLC | John F Brennan
    You have not provided sufficient details or the specific charge. This could be very serious and effect your rights, and freedom, in the future. See an attorney immediately.
    Answer Applies to: Michigan
    Replied: 6/30/2014
Click to View More Answers: