What happens if a police officer changes the terms of my ticket? Posted on July 19, 2011

I was given a traffic ticket for driving with a revoked criminal citation and failure to obey traffic device civil citation. The police officer wrote wrong county were on ticket were I was stopped. A week or two later I received a copy of my ticket white out with Maricopa written in and Pima county white out. Also the officer changed that I had to go to court from Tucson as to Maricopa County. And the date changed. I went to court and ask the court what court room I had to go she did not know went to her supervisor she said she never seen anything like that, also the police of never filed the ticket to the courts but the clerk postponed for a month later. I asked her shouldn't this be dismiss because complaint was never filed so this never happened she said yes but you have to look up the law. The date of ticket was may 5th 2011 approx 4pm I went to court on June 21st 2011 that is 33 working days weekends excluded and the clerks rescheduled, but the defendant is to show up on July 26 2011. I showed proof of valid license and on box marked other wrote that I am not in the system. Can I file a motion to make ticket invalid dismiss with prejudice?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: