What happens if niether the officer nor the motorist show up to court? 21 Answers as of June 27, 2013

I missed my scheduled hearing, as it was the fourth date given to me the first time I postponed it the second and third time it was postponed "administratively" I ran my driving abstract two weeks after the scheduled hearing and it shows my record still being clean with no convictions or suspensions.

Leonard A. Kaanta, P.C. | Leonard A. Kaanta
If neither showed the case would be dismissed.
Steven Alpers | Steven Alpers
I would only be able to guess. Go to the court and check with the traffic clerk.
Because you ran it too soon. When you miss a court date your license will be suspended and a bench warrant will be issued for you. Good luck.
If you did not show up for court, whether the officer was there or not, there is likley a warrant issued for your arrest for failure to appear.
Anderson Law Office
Anderson Law Office | Scott L. Anderson
Most likely there is a warrant for you or your charge will be certified to DPS. Call the court and find out the status.
    No prosecution witnesses for trial means grounds for a dismissal, if you are there to ask for it. That isn't what you described. I would have guessed you have an arrest warrant for failure to appear on a misdemeanor or felony, or a conviction by default if this was a traffic ticket.
    You should retain an attorney to handle the case. You should also make your appearances or the court will suspend your registration and you will have to pay $7o to get it back and then re-schedule the court date.
    It takes time for your failure to appear in court reaches the DMV. I would advise contacting the clerk of the court in the county where the case is pending and follow their instructions. They may be able to give you a new court date, and be sure to attend it, if you are lucky enough to receive a new court date.
    Attorney at Law | Michael P. Vollandt
    Well maybe the Judgedismissed the case becasue no one really gave a damn. I have never had the oppertunity to see that hapen when I was at court, You shold double check at the court clerk's office.
    James M. Osak, P.C.
    James M. Osak, P.C. | James M. Osak
    TIE GOES TO THE COP.
    Check for a warrant and if you have one get a lawyer to turn yourself in.
    I would check with the court to find out what is happening on the file. If you do not they may default you.
    If you fail to appear, the court may issue an FTA and forfeit the bail. If the cop is subpoenaed and fails to show, and you show, the case will be dismissed, assuming it is a traffic infraction.
    If the witnesses do not appear for a trial setting, the prosecutor could move to dismiss the case, but if the defendant also did not appear, I would expect the judge to issue a warrant for you. I would definitely check carefully and not just assume it was dismissed.
    The Barrister Firm
    The Barrister Firm | Christopher Benjamin
    It depends on the hearing officer/judge; some would dismiss the case while others would suspend your license for failure to appear. You should ask the Clerk of Court for a copy of your disposition.
    If the case against you cannot be proven it should be dismissed.
    The cop doesn't have to show up if you're not there, because a warrant gets issued for your arrest.
    Mace J. Yampolsky, LTD
    Mace J. Yampolsky, LTD | Mace Yampolsky
    The case will be taken off calendar but there may be a bench warrant.
    Douglas M. Philpott, P.C. | Peter J. Philpott
    You might have a bench warrant for missing court.
    Benjamin D Gordon, Attorney at Law
    Benjamin D Gordon, Attorney at Law | Benjamin D Gordon
    Generally, when a defendant fails to appear at a hearing, the court will issue a warrant for the defendant's arrest. It would be a good idea to contact that court and find out if a warrant was issued, and if so, attempt to schedule a time at which you can appear. If you do so, especially for minor offenses like I assume this is, the court will recall the warrant when you appear.
    R. Jason de Groot, P.A
    R. Jason de Groot, P.A | R. Jason de Groot
    You move to dismiss and the case gets dismissed.