What happens if my wife doesn’t show up to court for our divorce after being served already? 1 Answers as of February 01, 2017

My wife and I have been separated going on 12 years. I have relocated since our separation, we don’t have a child and have sold our family home and went our separate ways. If I serve her by mail, we have a court date what happens if she fails to appear? She is bipolar and has a fear of flying.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Offices of Arlene D. Kock
Law Offices of Arlene D. Kock | Arlene D. Kock
If you effectuate appropriate personal service in accordance with California law, the court can proceed by way of default.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 2/1/2017
Click to View More Answers: