What happens if my husband and I were at work and came home to find a subpoena between the screen door and front door? 1 Answers as of March 21, 2017

My husband and I were at work on January 23, 2017. We came home to find a subpoena between the screen door and the front door. I have always wondered why they don't have to get a signature when delivering something this important that should be handed to someone. Why are they allowed to get away with this?

Edelman, Combs, Latturner & Goodwin, LLC | Daniel A. Edelman
It is not proper service unless someone over 13 was at home and refused to answer, or unless there is a court order permitting service in this manner. However, the process server will file a return stating he made proper service. You therefore need to hire an attorney and move to quash service. Ignoring the document will likely result in a judgment against you.