What happens if my ex-husband cannot afford to pay child support anymore? Posted on November 01, 2010

My husband and I divorced three years ago and he has always been diligent about paying child support for our now 8-year old daughter all this time. However he has been having a lot of financial difficulty because he got laid off and has told me that he may not be able to pay for a while. I cannot afford to live on my own income and I was wondering what we can do. My husband and I are on speaking terms and will be able to work together on this.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: