What happens if my ex goes against modification orders? 1 Answers as of July 26, 2011

In 2009, we went through a modification of divorce. My ex was to provide health insurance for our child that had a deductible of no more than $2100.00. I just found out he is switching child's insurance to a plan that has a deductible of $10,000 and prescription deductible of $5,000. What can I do?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Reeves Law Firm, P.C.
Reeves Law Firm, P.C. | Roy L. Reeves
Read your Orders carefully. You may want to leave it alone. For example, some orders state that if the party responsible for insurance does not comply, he or she pays 100% of uninsured cost. If this is in your decree (and read it carefully) send a letter to the spouse telling him what will happen, express you disagree with the high deductible, and advise that if he proceeds, you will expect him to pay 100% of the uninsured costs pursuant to the decree. If that is not in the decree, you can ask for the Court to add it, or clarify it.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 7/26/2011
Click to View More Answers: