What happens if my doctors disagree about what happened? 2 Answers as of August 06, 2011

What happens if one doctor says I am insane at time of crime and one says I am not? I had one doctor say I was not insane at time of crime however I am looking to hire a private doctor and am wondering what would happen if that doctor says I was insane at the time of crime.

The decision is up to the judge hearing this case, it becomes a matter of credibility between the doctors.Make sure you have a good criminal defense attorney to represent and advise you before doing anything.
Brucar & Yetter, P.C.
Brucar & Yetter, P.C. | Wayne Brucar
If you are talking about the effect on an insanity defense at a trial, a judge or a jury would have to decide which doctor to give more credence to if both are allowed to testify. Please understand that answering this doesn't create an attorney/client relationship between us, and as hard as I try to answer your question well, it isn't legal advice. No matter how much information you put into a question, the answers you are going to get are still going to be vague. It is in your interest to contact a lawyer, most of whom will do a free consultation. Even 15 minutes with a lawyer is going to produce a more specific answer to your problem.