What happens if my creditors do not agree with the repayment plan? 5 Answers as of November 01, 2010

I am filing for Chapter 13 bankruptcy. Do the creditors all have to agree on the repayment plan set by the judge during the confirmation hearing, or can the judge overrule their ideal schedules?

Sussman & Associates
Sussman & Associates | Mitchell Sussman
The judge can overrule objections.
Your repayment plan in Chapter 13 is based on a complex calculation including your gross income for the 6 months prior to filing, and other factors. Creditors do not get to vote for your plan and have no basis to object to the amount being paid if it is the correct amount as determined by the required calculations.
Greifendorff Law Offices, PC
Greifendorff Law Offices, PC | Christine Wilton
Creditors can object to the confirmation of a chapter 13 plan. Your attorney will advise you of your rights and remedies in your case. It is not recommended to represent yourself in Chapter 13.
They have to file an objection and the judge will decide.