What happens if my charges were No File or Nolle Pros? 3 Answers as of June 21, 2011

I need to know the facts on Statute of Limitations. I have 3 No File and a Nolle Prosse and a misdemeanor. I just obtained my Nursing License and need to clear my record before applying for employment if possible. Please help! I already hired an attorney and feel like I made the wrong decision. I don't feel comfortable that he is going to follow through.

Pontrello Law
Pontrello Law | William Pontrello
In Florida it takes application to FDLE and about six months for a certificate of eligibility. then you must file with the court. its best to stick with the lawyer.
Law Offices of Karen Kilpatrick
Law Offices of Karen Kilpatrick | Karen Kilpatrick
You can only seal or expunge one record in Florida, unless the charges are from the same arrest, or the arrests were related. Do you know that you are eligible? I assume you have no convictions on your record. There is no statute of limitations for sealing or expunging a record, although if you obtain a Certificate of Eligibility, you will only have 1 year from that date to petition the court (before having to apply for another Certificate).