What happens if my attorney refuses to represent for 2 months now and refuses to file a motion to withdraw? 5 Answers as of September 03, 2015

My current attorney refuses to represent me, I owe him no money and he refuses to file a motion to withdraw. He has been demanding sex, wanting me to take him out and spend money on him and refused to show up at a motion so the judge wouldn't here it. The clerk called him and he flat out admitted he was the attorney still on file and he just wasn't coming to the motion. He just wants to punish me and for me not to see my kids because I didn't go along with dating him and his unethical favors. I contacted the Grievance commission but it takes months to investigate. In the meantime I am stuck without seeing my kids. At this point I just want to represent myself because I trust no attorneys now. I want to tell the judge what he has done but he won't file the motion because he doesn't want me to tell her. What can I do?

Dungan, Lady, Kirkpatrick & Dungan PLLC | Michael Dungan
The attorney works for you, you can fire your attorney any time that you want to. You can file the motion yourself, or hire another attorney to represent you to file the motion and continue with you on your case.
Get a new attorney. Period.
Go to another lawyer. The one you have needs to be disbarred. Another lawyer can file a motion to ask the judge to let him substitute for your current lawyer, and to seek costs from that lawyer.
Gregory M Janks, PC
Gregory M Janks, PC | Gregory M Janks
Fire your attorney by sending him a letter telling him you no longer want him to represent you. Send a copy to the court. Hire new counsel and have them file an Appearance as your counsel and/or file an Appearance indicating you will represent yourself. You can then either see what the court will do with that Appearance or your new counsel/you (if representing yourself) can file a Motion with the court to allow discharge of your prior counsel and to correct the file to reflect that your old counsel has been discharged and that your new counsel/or you are now the attorney of record. Know that a court functions by the MI Court Rules, rules of civil procedure and Rules of Evidence, so in representing yourself, you will be "charged" with knowing and understanding those rules and correctly proceeding/filing pleading - so you may want to rethink not obtaining legal counsel?
Engage a proper attorney, receive proper advise and representation and bring all ethical actions against him for his improper activities. He is an aberration, not the rule.