What happens if me or defendant don’t show up for larceny will it be dismissed? 19 Answers as of May 28, 2013

No. IF defendant fails to appear, there will be a bench warrant. IF you fail to appear the prosecutor may issue a material witness warrant. In effect, you could both end up in jail for not appearing.
Law Offices of Martina A. Vigil, PC
Law Offices of Martina A. Vigil, PC | Martina A. Vigil
No. Rather, a warrant will be issued for your arrest on the basis of your failure to appear.
If the defendant does not show up a bench warrant will be issued. If the witness, who was subpoenaed does not show up, then a bench warrant for that person will be issued.
It all depends on what part "you" play in this picture. If you are a victim or witness and ordered by the court to appear and you do not, they could issue a bench warrant for your arrest and/or hold you in contempt. If you are crucial to the prosecution's case and you fail to appear, the case may be delayed or dismissed. If the Defendant does not appear for court, he will probably get a bench warrant issued.
The Law Offices of John J. Carney Esq.
The Law Offices of John J. Carney Esq. | John J. Carney
If the defendant does not appear the judge will issue a bench warrant. The victim does not appear unless noticed to be in court to talk to the prosecutor or for a trial. You should retain a criminal lawyer, or if you are indigent, and I assume that you are, the court will appoint a public defender.
    I believe you are asking what would happen if you and the defendant does not show up to court as ordered. Without knowing your involvement in the case, I cannot advise you of the consequences. However, if your friend is a defendant in a criminal action and fails to appear in court, the judge will issue a bench warrant for his arrest, revoke his bond if he is out on bail and could issue a no-bond hold.
    Attorney at Law | Michael P. Vollandt
    No. A warrant will be issued for your arrest.
    If you don't show up a warrant is likely to go out for your arrest. You don't win a case by not appearing. If they have served you, you will be charged with a failure to appear. You need a lawyer and we can help.
    No warrants may issue for both of you.
    Law Office of John Schum, LLC
    Law Office of John Schum, LLC | John Schum
    Not showing up for court will not make this go away but instead will make it worse. You are looking at a bench warrant being issued for your arrest and a contempt of court charge added. You need to go to court. Depending on what you took you are looking at either a misdemeanor or felony charge of theft. These can carry a prison sentence. You will not likely get sentenced to jail if you have a clean record. There are some legal mechanisms that will allow you to keep this conviction off your record. This is a significant opportunity you should not pass up. You will need a lawyer to have the best chance to keep the conviction off your record and know all the rights and problems with this course of action. This is one of my areas of practice and can help you with this case if you desire. I hope this helps you sort your legal situation out.
    Answer Applies to: Hawaii
    I assume you pressed charges in this case. If the case is handled in a court with a large court call, like in a major city, there is a chance it would be dismissed. However, if bond was posted, it could be forfeited. If the venue of the case is rural or small town or village, there is a chance the court would issue a warrant for the defendant, and a bench warrant for your arrest for failure to appear and testify. In all felony cases, the latter situation would be followed. Remember that the state is the party plaintiff in a criminal case, not the complainant. It is up to the prosecutor to drop the charges, not you (complainant).
    If you are the defendants, the answer is NO. Warrants will be issued for your arrest.
    No the defendant will have a bench warrant issued. The prosecutor more than likely has enough information to support the case without you.
    R. Jason de Groot, P.A
    R. Jason de Groot, P.A | R. Jason de Groot
    The defendant will be arrested and held without bail if he fails to appear. The case will not be dismissed.
    Hamblin Law Office | Sally Hamblin
    If the defendant does not show up, a warrant will be issued for his/her arrest. If a person who received a subpoena does not show up, the judge can order a warrant for that person's arrest.
    No. Warrants will be issued for both of you. Him as a defendant, you as a witness.
    Rizio & Nelson
    Rizio & Nelson | John W. Bussman
    What is your relationship to the case? Not sure how to answer that without a lot more info.