What happens if I was pulled over with a license that I didn't know was suspended? 1 Answers as of February 29, 2012

i was pulled over and was told my license was suspended for not paying an inspection sticker citation, when in reality I did the payment just did not appear on the rmv's end. I explained briefly to the cop and now have a court date, I got the rmv all straightened out and my license was reinstated. If any what charges will I have?

DeVito & Visconti, PA
DeVito & Visconti, PA | John E DeVito
If this matter occurred in Massachusetts, you can fill out the back of the citation (ticket) and request a clerk's hearing. If your paperwork is in order and you have your license reinstated, there is a good chance that the Clerk will not issue a criminal complaint for operating without a license. The Clerk may dismiss the application for a complaint. If a criminal complaint has been issued, it is likely that the Court will dismiss the matter upon the payment of costs. If you hire an attorney, you may have more success of having the matter dismissed prior to your arraignment. A dismissal prior to arraignment will prevent the matter from appearing on your criminal record.