What happens if I was given the wrong information about the length of my stay? 2 Answers as of June 26, 2013

My husband and I were married 10 months ago, in may 31 he got visa U.S. on J-1 Internship Program, for 12 months, Making documents for me, J-2 visa.The question arises as to affect the decision for my visa j2 after what I had in 2007 overstayed Work &Travel; stay for a month. I was explained that I can stay in USA 5 months (4 working +1 travel ) But I didnt know that correct is 4 months, the company did big mistake a lot of students were misinformation, resulting in the following year 2B refuse at the embassy.(visit my friends.) Then found out that I was not alone who had received false information and came to try second time, I was a failure and in the second time in the same year. Already in 2011 I married, I work. Probability of failure?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Feldman Feldman & Associates, PC
Feldman Feldman & Associates, PC | Lynne Feldman
I am not following all of the facts here. If you want a paid consult on your specific situation you may call my office and set this up
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 8/22/2011
The Ghosh Law Group
The Ghosh Law Group | Amy Maitrayee Ghosh
Are you US Citizen?
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 6/26/2013
Click to View More Answers: