What happens if I was given gift money for 12,500 but no paperwork was filed and they want it back? Posted on August 04, 2011

My mother in-law gave a cashier's check to me for 12,500 and the same to my husband. She is asking for money back and we agreed to certain monthly payment. No documentation was ever written but now she was us to sign a document she wrote and have it notarized stating we will pay the monthly payment and give her our entire tax refund. Can she sue us with no paper trail if we do not sign the document?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: