What happens if I resubmit my I30 form? 9 Answers as of August 24, 2011

My dad submitted a petition in 1993 on his green card for me under 21 year old un married son, I did not receive visa(except approved i130) for a long time after his citizen ship he re applied in 2000 i got 1-130 approved I was in U.S and he applied AOS i went finger print twice but at the final stage my case abandon because USCIS said I did not do medical exam and did not appear for an intervie. Any way my dad reapplied i 130 in 2010 as a married Son i got a RFE asking some document like Birth Certificate, Witness of birth e.t.c which I already submitted. I have one confusion here on my notices they still refering my old Alien number which i got in 1994 and 2001, I dont understand if my case is considered as an old case or fresh case because my understanding if my case has been abondoned previously then I should have new A # this time. Do you have any idea if i get a new priority date or USCIS would consider my old priority dates. I would really appreciate your answer.

Oltarsh and Associates, PC
Oltarsh and Associates, PC | Jennifer Oltarsh
You should bring your paperwork to an attorney to review.
Your A number remains the same and you should be retaining an older priority date, unless the USCIS moved to rescind the I-130 due to inaction on the approval. Since this is your third attempt, I would advise you to hire an attorney.
USCIS assigns the same alien number to all cases filed on behalf of an alien. The only time a new alien number is assigned is when the person has never had a case filed on his or her behalf or fails to indicate they have an alien number on the petitions. The only number that should change from application to application is the receipt number. This is the number assigned to the specific case. The priority date would change with each case filing as it is assigned by the date the case is filed.
Calderón Seguin PLC
Calderón Seguin PLC | Ofelia L. Calderon
This is a complicated question that deals with the retention of priority dates and the Child Status Protection Act. You do not need a new A number, that would just confuse things. A new A number doesn't signify anything except that they don't know you had one previously. You should bring all these documents to an attorney with experience in the CSPA because it may be possible for you to retain the old priority date.
An A number is assigned to a specific person, not to a case file so it travels with you through all cases that you file.
    The Ghosh Law Group
    The Ghosh Law Group | Amy Maitrayee Ghosh
    Alien number always remain the same like Social Security Number.
    If you married after your father became a USC, the 92 priority date is yours. A numbers do not change. It appears that you are not well versed with immigration procedures. I suggest you hire a good immigration attorney to help you.
    Christian Schmidt, Attorney at Law
    Christian Schmidt, Attorney at Law | Christian Schmidt
    Your A# only get assigned once and does not change through subsequent filings. Your dad can file as many visa petitions for you as he likes. The U.S. government gladly take his many every time. However, he should not need to file a new petition once it was approved unless he petitioned you while he was a permanent resident and you married subsequently. Last, you should be able to claim the initial priority date.
    Sounds like you need help to get this done right. If same Petitioner and same Beneficiary you should get the benefit of your oldest filing date and so can probably file both stages at once if in the U.S.; if not still want the old Priority Date to make your case move ahead faster. If more than one A# has been assigned to you these should be consolidated so you need to advise USCIS of all numbers assigned.