What happens if I overstayed on my transit visa? 2 Answers as of May 23, 2011

I been here in US almost 7 years now, I was force to stay because I don't have enough money to get a ticket from Florida to California then to Philippines (I was in Cuba and planning to go back in the Philippines I have a transit visa). I got married here in US but got divorce my application for residency was not continued because I got divorce with my wife. Now I been asking myself this thing for a long time don't know what to do I cannot work legally, I am so afraid that I go to jail that people always keep on telling me.

In most cases to obtain a legal status you must be in status. For certain categories of permanent residency you need only to show a legal entry such as a petition by an immediate relative. The transit visa is not a legal entry though so you need to have your case assessed by an experienced immigration attorney.
You are subject to deportation proceeding. Yes, you might be detained. You can leave and then apply for waiver.