What happens if I missed 2 court appearances? 13 Answers as of May 25, 2011

I have 2 traffic tickets 1 speeding 1 fixit windshield in CA court and missed 2 appearances. What’s going to happen now?

Warrants don't issue for missing traffic court. They issue a civil assessment against you of several hundred bucks each time. You need to go to court to ask to have that lowered.
Law Office of Geoffrey M. Yaryan
Law Office of Geoffrey M. Yaryan | Geoffrey M. Yaryan
If you not fighting the tickets pay the fines.
I do not know if you have a defense to the speeding ticket, but you probably are now charged with two failures to appear, with possible additional fines.You can be arrested, if there are warrants out,and there probably are. It is not likely, though. You should calendar your matter and appear. If you have an excuse for failing to appear,do not be shy. Share it with the Court. Ask the Court to dismiss the failure to appear. Perhaps even ask for a reduced fine. Ask if you can attend Traffic School on at least one, if not both, speeding tickets.
The court(s) likely issued "Failure to appear" charges against you for missing the court dates. For misdemeanor or felony cases, the court would then usually issue a bench warrant for your arrest. For infractions, the Court may take action to suspend your license. It is possible that they could issue bench warrants for the repeated failure to appears even though they are infraction charges. Their is usually an additional fine for the failure to appears. I would recommend contacting an attorney in your area to assist you on this matter further. Additionally, I would recommend handling this situation sooner as opposed to later. If you are in the Los Angeles, San Bernardino, Orange or Ventura counties, feel free to call me at 818-336-1384 to discuss the matter further.
Law Office of Andrew Roberts
Law Office of Andrew Roberts | Andrew Stephen Roberts
You have a failure to appear in both courts- which is a misdemeanor. Your license will be suspended until you deal with each matter. It would be wise to retain an attorney to deal with these tickets and get the matters on calendar ASAP! You do not want to caught driving with a suspended license. It is possible that arrest warrants might also have been issued. Call if you have any questions.
    Schedule a new court appearance. Keep the date. Do so quickly to avid charges of failure to appear. If you appear as scheduled, you will not go into custody.
    That depends on the judge. In missing the court dates you could now be charged with a mistameaner. For that you could go to county jail for up to a year. You need to take care of the fix-it ticket and pay the fine on the other. Then go to see the judge with proof you did it and tell the judge how sorry you are. Its not likely that you will go to jail.
    Chances are you have a traffic warrant. You need to have the warrant recalled first before you can address the merits of the case.
    You have arrest warrant[s] against you. For you to handle a warrant, you must turn yourself into the court, with or without an attorney, and try to negotiate a plea bargain on the warrant and new Failure to Appear charges, and negotiate any outstanding charges that caused the warrant. Doing so voluntarily will result in a better outcome than you being brought in cuffs to court after arrest on the warrant. That will happen if you come in contact with law enforcement or customs anywhere in the US. Effective plea-bargaining, using whatever legal defenses, facts and sympathies there may be, could possibly keep you out of jail, or at least dramatically reduce it. As this is a misdemeanor, the attorney can appear in court without the defendant being present, and any plea bargain deal could be handled by notarized paperwork. While this isn't a 'capital case', you face potential jail and fines, so handle it right. Unless you're competent to effectively represent yourself in court against a professional prosecutor trying to put you in jail, most people hire an attorney who can. If serious about hiring counsel to help you in this, and if this is in SoCal courts, feel free to contact me.
    Most likely your license will be suspended and you will have to pay the maximum fine to clear your record with the court. Some courts will issue warrants for your arrest but usually not the traffic courts.
    Law Office of Thomas J. Ogas
    Law Office of Thomas J. Ogas | Thomas Ogas
    The court will give you a higher fine to pay for missing court once you decide to go back to court to pay for them. And the DMV may not renew your license if you dont get those tickets paid off.
    Law Office of Joe Dane
    Law Office of Joe Dane | Joe Dane
    By failing to appear on your infractions, there may well be warrants out for your arrest and they could add misdemeanor charges of failing to appear. In addition, the DMV can suspend your license until the failure to appear is cleared up. Your attorney will likely be able to get the failure to appear cleared up and hopefully lower the fines on the underlying tickets. Don't let this go on - it can only get worse.