What happens if I lie about my husbands case and I am set up? 1 Answers as of August 10, 2011

I need to redo my question. My husband did create a meth lab on a ranch in Texas, where he worked as maintenance. We had problems, so I emailed the owner and told him about the lab. The next day, the DEA was there and did what ever they do. Later, they arrested my husband, who was charged with manufacturing. Time goes on and meanwhile I thought that my husband and I of 26 years were trying to make amends. With his trial coming up, he asked me to tell the court that I was angry, so I sent the email implicating him for something he did not do. He wants me to lie. The DEA did not find a substantial amount of evidence, but I really don't know what evidence they do have. During all this time, my husband, as I realized, has a drug dealing girlfriend, which I listened in on a voicemail, that implicated that they may be trying to set me up for something. If I testify and lie for him and they are trying to set me up, what could it be? Also, I am currently on probation (first offense) for possession.

Cynthia Henley, Lawyer
Cynthia Henley, Lawyer | Cynthia Henley
DO NOT LIE. Why would you do that? If you lie under oath, you are committing felony perjury. You do not have to volunteer to testify but if you are subpoenaed, you must tell the truth - it does not matter which side subpoenas you. Forget that. You should not risk your freedom for a drug dealing, cheating jerk who may be setting you up.