What happens if I have a warrant in NYC and get my named ran in Ohio state police department? 3 Answers as of August 25, 2012

I was wondering if I get my named ran in another state for example if I have a warrant for a misdemeanor charge for stolen property in NYC. Could my name be seen if a cop runs my name in the police computer in Ohio, could my warrant show up. If I had told my probation officer I didn't have a place to live in NYC but I have a place to live and a job waiting for me. Could this help me to make a transfer? Also could me being in a drug program help? Could I have a chance to be revoked from Ohio state because of a misdemeanor charge?

Hello, usually, a Misdemeanor charge in one state will not be enough in another state to have you arrested because there is no extradition for Misdemeanors.

However, if you have a drug problem of any sort, it would benefit you greatly to go into a drug program and address it now, before things get even worse for you. Good luck.
If you have a warrant in New York City you should retain an attorney to surrender on that warrant and take care of that case.

Otherwise you will have to worry about being stopped by the police who will see the warrant or being stopped at an airport or border. You may be able to have Legal Aid handle this if you qualify.

If you have a probation officer you must get permission to travel if that is a condition of your probation. If you are arrested on the warrant you could be in custody for up to 90 days before you are extradited to the other state.

It is best to waive extradition if you are in custody. You should handle this problem now before you are arrested and you should discuss it with your probation officer.
Palumbo and Kosofsky | Michael Palumbo
It's nationwide. I suggest you retain counsel and surrender on the warrant.