What happens if I got caught stealing $50,000 from employer and I have no priors? 2 Answers as of February 07, 2011

What happens if I got caught stealing $50,000 from employer and I have no priors?

The Law Office of B. Elaine Jones
The Law Office of B. Elaine Jones | B. Elaine Jones
The fact that you have no priors is good, but the amount you took is not. This is a 1st degree felony, punishable up to 30 years in prison. Since it is your first offense, the State would probably entertain a plea negotiation for less than the maximum amount but I'm sure a major factor in the plea will be a restitution requirement that will require you to pay the money back to the employer. If you need further assistance with this case and it is in the Tampa Bay area, please call or email me at the email address and phone number attached to this response.
Bruce H. Lehr, P.A.
Bruce H. Lehr, P.A. | Bruce H. Lehr
You are chargeable with a serious felony. Having no priors is a good thing, but your employer will have a strong say in your punishment. In Miami, you are likely to get a lengthy probationary sentence and a withholding of adjudication (no conviction). In other Counties you may do some jail. In any case, you will be ordered to pay restitution to make your employer whole.