What happens if I filed bankruptcy, the loan company won't come for the vehicle and I was driving it until they canceled my registration? 7 Answers as of March 15, 2017

I saw your advice on keep driving the vehicle, but the loan company expired my registration can they do that?

Registration is issued by the state and the loan company doesn't have anything to do with it. As long as the vehicle's title is in your name, you're allowed to register it and buy license plates.
I have never heard of such a thing. Have you gone to the DMV? I'd like to know exactly what the DMV says about that.
A loan company cannot expire your registration in or out of bankruptcy, unless they are paying for the registration. If you want to keep driving it you can renew the registration. Otherwise you should park the car and ask them to come pick it up.
Yes. Presumably you did not renew the registration, and the lender certainly would not want to do so. Why not send them a certified letter, return receipt requested, telling them that you surrender the car to them, and you will charge them for storage if they don't come pick it up within, say, two weeks?
I have never heard of a lender cancelling a vehicle registration, but the state will do this if you fail to maintain vehicle insurance or to pay the renewal fee.
    OlsenDaines | Rex Daines
    That is impossible. You are the title owner of the vehicle (subject to a lien). Just go to the DMV and pay the registration fee and get new stickers.
    Garner Law Office
    Garner Law Office | Daniel Garner
    You will need to re-open your case and file a motion to redeem the vehicle for $1. That would generate an order from the court for them to turn over the title to you.