What happens if I failed a drug test while on probation? 4 Answers as of March 13, 2013

What happen if I fail a drug test while on probation?

Steven Dodge | Steven Dodge
If your probation officer decides to file a petition for a probation violation, your case will go back before the sentencing judge for a violation hearing. If the court determines that you did commit a violation of one of the terms in your order, you could be sentenced to up to the maximum penalty provided by the statute.
Law Office of John D. Hooker Jr., & Assoc. | Brook M. Thibault
Failing a drug test is obviously a violation of your probation if you have been ordered to refrain from drug use. Although, your probation officer may not necessarily violate you. If you have been considered in violation and are given a court date, you are subject to serving any suspended time received as a result of your prior finding of guilt. You should seek counsel of you are violated.
Law Office of Christopher M. Seikaly | Christopher M. Seikaly
This would be up to the Judge who sentenced you. Many times violators for using drugs are forced into rehab programs. I know of many Judges in Michiagn who would do that. There are also Judges who send people to jail for this. Not knowing who the Judge is I can not advise you what the Judge will do as each Judge has different propensities as to probation violations.
Kevin H Pate
Kevin H Pate | Kevin H Pate
Your probation could be revoked in whole or in part for any violation of the terms and conditions of your probation. Another possibility is being required to agree to one or more new conditions, i.e., counseling, community service, monitoring device, etc.