What happens if I fail my first drug test on probation 1 Answers as of April 20, 2012

I recently received probation for OUI Drugs (marijuana). I am to be drug tested less than one month after quitting marijuana which stays in your system 30-60 days. Since I used it medicinally for back pain, I was partaking daily and I'm worried that it won't be enough time for it to clear out of my system. What will happen if I test positive for marijuana at my first probation appointment?

Gregory Casale Attorney at Law
Gregory Casale Attorney at Law | Gregory Casale
You are not the 1st person that the probation department has dealt with. They know the same things about the time that marijuana stays in your system (although my recollection is that it is up to 30 days, but I am not a drug recognition expert). They will not expect you to be 100% clean if you are tested shortly after sentencing. However, do not look at this as your opportunity to get high one more time. A very high concentration will be noticed as well as a low concentration. In either case, the next reading must be either 0 or lower than the 1st. As long as you honestly stop "partaking" you should be fine.