What happens if I dont take the green card after I win it? 4 Answers as of August 06, 2011

Now I am studying a degree because until my degree will close I can not come to America for winning of green card. I have won green card but I can not go to this opportunity so i am still getting a degree at university of peradeniya.

You may take advantage of the DV program now, come to the US and immediately apply for a travel document that allows you to stay outside US for up to 2 years.
Kazmi & Sakata
Kazmi & Sakata | Harun Kazmi
Nothing will happen. It will be an unused lottery winner.
Nothing happens if you don't apply for the permanent resident visa.
Christian Schmidt, Attorney at Law
Christian Schmidt, Attorney at Law | Christian Schmidt
Nothing will happen if you do not apply for an immigrant visa through your DV Lottery win. However, you should think about it twice. If you qualify for an immigrant visa, you will have up to six months to enter the U.S. if granted. Once in the U.S. you may apply for a re-entry permit that allows you to remain outside the U.S. for up to two years without abandoning your resident status. This should give you sufficient time to finish school.