What happens if I do not report to my probation officer? 5 Answers as of April 04, 2012

Offense Desc. THEFT >=$500 <$1,500
Sentence Date 07/25/2011
Disposition UNADJUDICATED PROBATION
Probation Time 12 Months
He failed to show up on his 03/2012 meeting so im sure a warrant is being or has been put out for arrest. but what happens if he turns himself in? and where does he turn himself in? or is it best to get an attorney?

Robert Valles and Associates P.C.
Robert Valles and Associates P.C. | Robert Valles Jr.
You get a want for your arrest because you violated probation.
Law Office of Timothy M. Donahue | Timothy M. Donahue
It depends on the judge and how many, if any, times he has violated probation before. Also, what other criminal cases the person has had is an important factor. He could find out whether there is a warrant by calling Harris County Pre-trial Services. The sheriff's office at 49 San Jacinto St. is one place that he could turn himself in. Sometimes, the violation leads to a modification of the terms of community supervision. Other times, the sentence that had been probated is imposed. It just depends on all of the facts. I practice criminal law in Houston.
Mark Thiessen, Attorney at Law
Mark Thiessen, Attorney at Law | Mark Thiessen
You need to hire an attorney for the Motion to Revoke Probation and then that attorney can help turn him in if that's the right move. He absolutely needs to comply with all other terms of his probation and go to the next meeting. Call the probation officer and explain why you missed. Actually, hire an attorney first so they can advise you properly based on the County, Court and his history.
Cynthia Henley, Lawyer
Cynthia Henley, Lawyer | Cynthia Henley
If there is a good explanation, call your probation officer and explain. And, get an attorney immediately and be prepared to turn yourself in. There is a chance that if you act now, your probation will not be revoked. You might spend a few days in jail as "jail therapy" but you probation is likely to be reinstated. Do not delay.
Aaronson Law Firm
Aaronson Law Firm | Michael Aaronson
When you are on probation, any violation of the law or technical violation (such as visiting your probation officer when you're supposed to) may be grounds to terminate your probation you should contact your probation officer ASAP.