What happens if I blew a .08 on a DUI? 16 Answers as of February 24, 2012

What happens if I blew a .08 on a DUI? It is my first offense.

Consider hiring a DUI specialist. You have a very good case. Don't just walk into court and plead guilty!
A first time DUI without anything else should be plea down to a wet reckless.
LynchLaw
LynchLaw | Michael Thomas Lynch
Difficult question to answer in that there can be quite a range of outcomes. However, while you could be given more time, the typical sentence for a first offense DUI with a 0.08 BAC is two days in jail. Depending on the reason for the stop and how you performed on the FST's (Field Sobriety Tests,) Your attorney might be able to negotiate a lessor plea to what is referred to a Wet Reckless, (alcohol related reckless driving). Additionally, you need ask your attorney about DMV's requirements for their drinking and driving program.
Law Office of Thomas F. Mueller
Law Office of Thomas F. Mueller | Thomas Mueller
You can probably obtain a reduced charge from the D.A. However you will need to plead not guilty and set the case for pretrial conference. We handle many of those cases. For more info or to retain our firm call.
See a DUI attorney. Ask him to explain Helmandollar. If he can, hire him/her.
    Law Offices of Lawrence Wolf
    Law Offices of Lawrence Wolf | Lawrence Wolf
    You should be able to get the charge dismissed Give us a call.
    You get to defend the criminal charges just like any other DUI defendant.
    Hi, If you blew a .08, and this is a first offense DUI, there is a very good chance that a qualified attorney could get the DUI charge dismissed and reduced to a lesser charge without having to go to trial. That can be beneficial for a variety of reasons, and save you money in the long run. This is particularly the case if you weren't on probation for something else, and you were not involved in a car accident at the time of arrest. I have been very successful in getting DUI charges dismissed in similar cases. What court is your hearing in? You can call me to discuss your case in further detail, or view my website.
    Law Office of Andrew Roberts
    Law Office of Andrew Roberts | Andrew Stephen Roberts
    You face a suspension from the DMV as well as penalties for the DUI in court. You should retain a DUI attorney to help you.
    Law Offices of Michael Stephenson
    Law Offices of Michael Stephenson | Michael Stephenson
    Depending on other circumstances, it may or may not be possible for you to beat the charge. You should consult a DUI attorney as quickly as possible because you can lose your drivers license if you do not respond to the DMV proceedings within 10 days of your arrest. Feel free to contact me for more information.
    Tomas M. Flores, Esq.
    Tomas M. Flores, Esq. | Tomas M. Flores
    Most breathalyzers have a tolerance of .02% either way - you could have been a .06% or you could have been a .10%. Time to call up your local toxicology expert.
    Law Office of Michael Bialys THE DUI MAN
    Law Office of Michael Bialys THE DUI MAN | Michael Bialys
    If you blew an .08 you can typically get it lowered you may even have grounds to fight the case if the chemical tests are not reliable.
    You will want to hire an attorney for both your criminal and DMV portion of your case. You have a low BAC which will provide more defenses available to you. Make sure you contact the DMV within 10 days of your arrest to schedule a DMV hearing.
    You will probably be offered a wet reckless instead of a DUI. Less time in DUI classes, smaller fine.