What happens if I am sued and not living in the United States? Posted on July 20, 2011

I was involved in an accident that consisted of me tapping a man in the back at a green light. I was given a ticket for following two closely and a few weeks later left to go work out of the country. I was later notified via my parents he was suing me for soft tissue damage for 7k then, notified again the judge is going to let him continue with the lawsuit in my absence and it is now for 20k. I do plan on returning to the states but not for another year or so.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: