What happens if I am out of status and divorce a US citizen? 3 Answers as of January 10, 2011

I have married a US citizen while being out of status (overstay of tourist visa) 3 years ago. We have NOT filed with USCIS. Are there any immigration concerns for me if we divorce? I do not plan on filing with the USCIS.

Yes, an immigration detainer could be lodged against you and removal proceedings commenced.
You will continue in your out of status classification and can be picked up and removed at any time. Marriage to a U.S. citizen is one of the few categories which will allow you to obtain a legal status and overlook your out of status time but you don't want to stay in a bad marriage just for papers.
Based on the facts you state you are currently illegally in the U.S., regardless of whether you are married to a U.S. Citizen. Therefore, your divorce is irrelevant to your immigration status. You are out of status and illegally in the U.S. now and will be when you divorce.