What happens if I am on unsupervised probation and I miss my court date? 10 Answers as of March 22, 2013

I was put on unsupervised probation for a year after getting an MIP. I had a court date to show that I have gotten my community service, ankle monitor, and level 2 alcohol class done. I forgot about my court date and I got a warrant for my arrest. I went and paid my warrant off so I don't have one now. I got a new court date in 2 weeks. I have all my community service done and I have my ankle monitor on now (it gets taken off on the day I have court) I have not yet completed my level 2 alcohol class yet because I have not had the time for it. I work over 50 hours a week. What is going to happen? What should I do?

I would need further information to answer. You should hire an attorney and disclose all the facts and circumstances.
William L. Welch, III Attorney | William L. Welch, III
Perhaps the judge might recall the warrant, if you have a good reason for missing court. If not, then you are supposed to surrender. An attorney can assist you with evaluating the prosecution's case, any defenses that you might have, and any plea offer that might be made, so that you can decide whether to plea bargain or go to trial. If you were to be found guilty, then an attorney can assist you with presenting mitigation, allocution, and a recommendation for a more lenient sentence. and a recommendation for a more lenient sentence.
Get the classes scheduled and ask the judge for an extension in order to complete them. I suspect that the deal includes not having a criminal conviction on your record.
Randy M. Lish, Attorney at Law | Randy M. Lish
A bench warrant was issued. You will have to post bail in order to avoid going to jail until the next court date is available.
The Law Offices of John J. Carney Esq.
The Law Offices of John J. Carney Esq. | John J. Carney
Retain a lawyer and do not keep missing court dates and violating the judges orders or you are going to get a year in jail. The judge is not going to want to hear you say you did not have time to do the class. Buy a date book to keep your appointments in.
    Law Offices of Marshall Tauber
    Law Offices of Marshall Tauber | Marshall Tauber
    That depends on the judge you have.? You could get off with a stern warning, you could have your probation extended, or you could be held in contempt by the judge and sent to jail or be subjected to additional conditions for your failing to report to court when required.? I would need more information in order to give you a more complete answer.
    If you had everything done.. probably nothing. But since you have not completed the alcohol classes, the court may not be too happy. The classes need to be completed. Quite honestly, the court/judge is not concerned about how many hours you work. The court wants its order followed through. However, it sounds like you may be in "substantial conmpliance", in which case the judge may give you some additional time to comp[lete the program. The judge wants to see effort, not excuses.
    Bring documents to court showing your completion. Say sorry about missing court date. Bring some proof you are working. Court wants money and attendance in the school. So enroll in school if possible, before court. Might take your attorney with you.
    A warrant was issued for your arrest. You should hire a lawyer to go to court to recall the warrant and get you an extension. A lawyer can do this without you present, so it is less risky for you.
    If you missed a court date, it is likely that a warrant issued for your arrest. You can be picked up on that warrant and held till you appear in court. You would be wise to retain counsel who may be able to stay the arrant and reset the hearing.