What happens if I am going to be deported while still on probation? 3 Answers as of July 18, 2011

I am on formal probation for three years and am presently doing prop 36 classes, I just received a letter saying that I needed to turn myself into immigration as they had made flight arrangements for my deportation. How does this affect my probation and classes

You need to immediately communicate with an immigration attorney to see if there is any relief from deportation and also coordinate with your criminal attorney to see what can be done to allow you to stay to complete your probation.
You should contact your criminal attorney to help you. If you have a probation violation, there will be a bench warrant and you can almost never be able to quash it. If your case is in CA or NV, let us know maybe we can help.
That is happening more and more. Basically it leaves the probation process in limbo. But I think that you should find out from your probation officer if he/she will accept and equivalent "prop 36-like class" completion certificate from the country where you will be deported and under what conditions. That way, you can wrap-up this process there and have a clean record here. Just a suggestion. Good luck!