What happens during a bench warrant hearing? Can he be released on recognizance? 10 Answers as of February 27, 2013

The person I am dating just learned through an email yesterday that he had a bench warrant out for missing court on Tuesday. He had made a simple mistake and wrote down the wrong court date. He was at work during the time, so it isn't like he was off getting into trouble. This was his first and only time missing a court date. He went in today to turn himself in. I called the jail and he is in custody- in the booking process. His court date is tomorrow. On the jail's website it states that there is no bond. What happens during a hearing? Does he have a chance to be released on recognizance based on the fact that it was the first and only time he missed court?

William L. Welch, III Attorney | William L. Welch, III
The court has the discretion to recall a bench warrant or take the person into custody. An attorney can assist you with evaluating the prosecutions case, any defenses that you might have, and any plea offer that might be made, so that you can decide whether to plea bargain or go to trial.
This will depend on the judge.
He has a chance, but it will be up to the judge.
He has a good chance of being released on his recognizance, or will probably have the original bond reinstated, and the warrant quashed and recalled. He should be out after court tomorrow.
Kevin H Pate
Kevin H Pate | Kevin H Pate
At his hearing the court will want to know why he was not present. Now that he is present again, the Court may either set a bond to help assure future appearances or permit release without bond.
    Depends on what type of hearing is scheduled. IF it is a motion to withdraw the bench warrant, then the judge will hear his excuses and decide whether to release him back on bond. IF not, there is nothing to do until his case comes to trial. The judge will not grant him an OR bond, IF the judge will not release him back on the original bond.
    Henry Lebensbaum | Henry Lebensbaum
    If it was an error, and knowing nothing about him, he should get a lawyer and go and remove the warrant asap. Does this answer your question?
    He is likely to be released from court. Best always to have a lawyer.
    I would need further information to answer better. There is a chance that he could be released on his own recognizance but I would need further information. He should hire an attorney and disclose all the facts and circumstances.
    Anderson Law Office
    Anderson Law Office | Scott L. Anderson
    He has a chance to be released without bail but most likely he will have to post bail to be released.