What happens after my first drug offense for possession of marijuana and is it possible to get it off my record? 7 Answers as of January 07, 2014

Recently I was charged with POM, but I wasn’t arrested. This is my second time being arrested. The first time was for public intoxication. I am in the process of graduating college so this tough pill to swallow knowing this will be on my record.

How can it be tough to swallow, when you have alcohol and drug issues. A conviction is NOT coming off your record.
In California, possession of less than an ounce of marijuana is an infraction. The penalty is a $100.00 fine.
If this happened in Michigan then you may be eligible for a program to keep a conviction off you record. Get a lawyer and see.
LeadfootSpeedingTicket.com
LeadfootSpeedingTicket.com | Andrea Storey Rogers
If this happened in Missouri and you pleaded guilty or were convicted, then it's not possible to get the conviction expunged. If you have not been convicted yet, hire an attorney to represent you in court. Your attorney may be able to get the charge dismissed or amended to a lesser offense.
You should hire a lawyer and get this relatively minor charge dismissed. By yourself you're going to get a criminal record, and it isn't worth it.
    You likely will be sentenced to having a drug and alcohol evaluation and any recommended treatment, do community service, pay a fine and have no further criminal violations. This charge cannot be expunged until you have completed all of the terms of your sentenced and probation. This will impact your ability to get an apartment, a loan, and possibly a job.
    Law Office of James E. Smith
    Law Office of James E. Smith | James Smith
    Seal your record.