What happens after I was injured in an accident? 6 Answers as of June 18, 2012

I was rear ended at a light, hit the vehicle in front of me. The vehichle was not mine that I was driving, a friend got the vehichle for me to work. I'm not sure if the vehicle was insured but the person who hit me is insured. I barely made it back to the house, disoriented with minor injury, the person that hit me gave me address info but we have yet to file a police report...what comes next? I have been to the hospital and they agree to go file the report as they are insured.

Unless you are considered the owner of the vehicle you were driving in, you are not disqualified from pip benefits and may have a pain and suffering suit as well.
If you live in a house with a relative who has an insured vehicle, you can get your No Fault benefits from that company. That company will then turn around and sue the guy who gave you an uninsured car to drive. I am not sure if you have a claim against the guy that hit you. If you "knew" that the car you were operating was not insured, you have no remedy. If you did not know, then you may be able to sue the guy that hit you. Boy, do you need to talk to an experienced attorney.
James M. Osak, P.C.
James M. Osak, P.C. | James M. Osak
FILE THE POLICE REPORT ASAP . . . THEN SEE AN EXPERIENCED PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEY. If the vehicle wasn't insured . . . that may be a problem for owner -OR- YOU. Do YOU have auto insurance? This is what happens when friends BORROW cars to others. The insurance companies are ALWAYS looking for loopholes to DENY coverage payments. They have a lot to work with here. When YOU drive a vehicle . . . it is up to YOU to know if its insured or NOT . . . don't just ASSUME that it is.
I need complete information in order to give reliable advise. Was the car you were driving insured will be a major question. See an attorney.
Lennon Miller O'Connor and Bartosiewicz PLC | Christopher Morris
You should see an attorney. If you are uninsured you have no claim for any benefits under the Michigan no-fault act. On the other hand, there may be multiple sources of coverage that you are unaware of. If you can establish a serious impairment of an important body function you may have a claim against the driver but that usually requires much more serious injuries than being "disoriented".
    Koning & Jilek, P.C.
    Koning & Jilek, P.C. | Jonathan Neal Jilek
    You should contact a lawyer. You have first party no fault rights and may have a third party case against the other driver.