What happens after I received my first DUI? 5 Answers as of January 27, 2014

I was initially pulled over for speeding and then the CHP had asked if I had had something to drink which I stated yes. He said this caused him to get me out of the car and do field sobriety tests. I ended up blowing a .11. I got booked that night and didn’t get released until the next day at 3pm. I have never been in trouble with the law and don’t want to go to jail. Please help.

Instead of worrying about the jail time, you need to focus your attention on how you can avoid being convicted. You need to hire a DUI specialist, and do it soon because you have only 10 days to save your license.
Steven Alpers | Steven Alpers
Unless you request a hearing within 10 days, your license will be suspended and you will have to prove you have insurance after you sign up for the dui class. There is a 30 day suspension which is followed by a restriction if you are in the class and have insurance. You must go to dmv to give them proof. A minimum is 2 days jail, about $2,000 in fines and 3 years probation, obey all laws, don't drive unless licensed and insured, no measurable alcohol in your blood. Those are the basics if there are no defenses. Consult with a lawyer to see if you have any defenses.
Ozols Law Firm
Ozols Law Firm | Alex Ozols
DUIs are very serious and a good idea is to consult with a lawyer in your area. Most lawyers give free consultations. There is a lot of science that goes into a DUI and a skilled lawyer can sometimes get your charges reduced or dismissed.
Hudson Bair | Hudson Bair
You need to contact a DUI defense attorney in your area, you have valuable rights that expire 10 days after you are arrested. A DUI defense lawyer can help you figure out what is important to the defense of your case, may be able to beat your case, keep you out of jail, save you money on fines, preserve your drivers license.
You need to schedule an appointment immediately with a certified criminal law specialist.