What happens after an extension was granted for an eviction? 6 Answers as of April 23, 2013

I filed to evict a tenant. We go to court tomorrow and I was just served that they were granted an extension for 9 more days. What can I do now? They owe me the current months rent & refuse to pay or move.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Durham Jones & Pinegar | Erven Nelson
Go to court with a copy of the lease, plus an itemization of the charges they owe. You should have been granted an opportunity to file an opposition to the extension, but it appears that it is too late.
Answer Applies to: Nevada
Replied: 4/23/2013
Reade & Associates
Reade & Associates | R. Christopher Reade
While you could seek a Court Order to reconsider the decision by the Court to allow them to stay for 9 more days, such an action would likely prove fruitless. You should simply expedite the eviction once the stay is lifted or ask the Court at the hearing tomorrow to expedite the eviction.
Answer Applies to: Nevada
Replied: 4/22/2013
MatthewR. Schutz, Esq | Matthew R. Schutz
The Special Civil Part officer acts to remove them.
Answer Applies to: New Jersey
Replied: 4/22/2013
Law Office of Jack Longert, LLC | Jack Longert
You are not permitted to use self-help to evict a tenant but if you are in Wisconsin, the tenant would owe double rent from the date they were legally required to move out. I strongly recommend you obtain court permission to evict the tenant.
Answer Applies to: Wisconsin
Replied: 4/22/2013
Law Offices of Jeffery L. Fanto
Law Offices of Jeffery L. Fanto | Jeffery L. Fanto
In Michigan, when you go to court for the summary proceedings, you would likely obtain a judgment against the tenant. This entitles you to, after 10 days (which is required by statute), obtain a writ of restitution to allow you to take back the property if your tenant has not moved. There are specific procedures which need to be followed in that event.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 4/22/2013
Click to View More Answers: