What happened to my citizenship status if my ceremony letter has been delayed? 4 Answers as of February 07, 2011

I am Mexican and a green card holder who passed the US citizenship test and the interview during August. I got the Oath ceremony letter in September, then they delayed it for me in September and until now I am waiting. I live in Texas and until this moment no one contact me about that. So does this mean that they rejected me to have the US citizenship? Did this happen before that they rejected someone to have the US citizenship? Does that means the State of Texas is like that?

It does mean that you have been rejected. You need to do an INFOPASS appointment at the USCIS office where you were interviewed. You can schedule it by going to USCIS.gov and clicking on the INFOPASS icon. At the INFOPASS appointment they should be able to tell you why your oath taking was delayed.
Since you moved, are you sure no letter has been missing? You should contact infopass. Good luck!
No, the state of Texas has nothing to do with your citizenship status.which is a federal matter. You might want to call the toll free number of the USCIS district office which has been handling your immigration case to find out when you can expect your oath ceremony to take place.
Fletcher, Tilton & Whipple, PC
Fletcher, Tilton & Whipple, PC | Kirk A. Carter
If you were approved for citizenship and given a notification of a day and time to be sworn in as a citizen (an oath ceremony date) and then were notified that the date of your oath ceremony had been postponed you should have received a follow up notice notifying you of the new date for that ceremony. If you did not within a reasonable period, which I would say is no more than 30 days, I would contact USCIS by making an INFOPASS appointment and visiting your local USCIS office. You can make an infopass appointment by visiting the USCIS's web site at www.uscis.gov. It is possible that they may have sent you a notice that you have been rescheduled but it somehow did not reach you due to a postal error or their sending it to the wrong place. I would not let any more time pass without investigating why you haven't been sworn in. While there is a remote chance that they may have withdrawn or changed their decision about approving you for citizenship, you should have received notice of that decision and the reasons for it, so I think it is more likely that there is some problem with the mail and your getting the notice about the rescheduled ceremony, or you falling through the cracks which you should be able to remedy when you visit USCIS and show them your paperwork.