What is the green card processing time for a Pakistan born Canadian citizen? 6 Answers as of January 17, 2011

My brother lives in the US, working as a physician from the last 10 yrs want to sponsor me. I live in Toronto have 4 kids ages 4,7,5,10 and husband for last 10 years. I am a Pakistan born Canadian citizen working as medical lab technologist. Please let me know the processing time in my case. Thank you!

Carlos E. Sandoval, P.A.
Carlos E. Sandoval, P.A. | Carlos Sandoval
It would be around ten years.
Since you are being petitioned by your US citizen brother you are in the FB-4 category. They are currently working on cases filed in January of 2002 so it can be a long wait. Heres a link to our website. Just click on current visa bulletin on the bottom left and it will take you to the list of priority dates for this month. Your brother could also petition for you as an employee which has a much shorter wait time. Feel free to call to schedule a consultation to go over your options.
441 Legal Group, Inc.
441 Legal Group, Inc. | Gareth H. Bullock
Processing time for siblings is about 8 years.
No person is treated differently under the law. Check USCIS for processing time and you will note that you wait as long as every other person.
Marie Michaud Attorney At Law
Marie Michaud Attorney At Law | Marie Michaud
Current processing time is about 9 years from the date your brother file the I-130. Your brother must be a US citizen in order to file.
    The current priority date for a sibling from Pakistan (or Canada) being petitioned by a U.S. Citizen sibling (Family Based 4th Preference) is January 1, 2002. Therefore, it would take 8 to 10 years to immigrant to the U.S. based on the petition. You can do to www.travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin to check the current priority dates.