What is a good settlement amount for a wrongful termination case and why? 3 Answers as of August 14, 2015

I was fired from my job when I found out I had cancer. They wrote on my term papers that I was fired for attendance/health issues and it has been confirmed by the EEOC that I had no attendance issues. The employer is now talking settling out of court I need to know what a fair and reasonable amount is to except when they come to me with an offer.

Law Office of Nathan Wagner
Law Office of Nathan Wagner | Nathan J. Wagner
It is impossible to say what is a good settlement amount for you without knowing many more details. For example: how much was your salary, how long did you work there, have you been able to find another job, and how likely is it that you will win if you have to go to trial. It is worth it for you to talk with a local attorney who specializes in wrongful termination cases.
WILLIAM L SANDERS, ATTORNEY AT LAW | William L. Sanders
You should consult with an attorney that handles such matters. I do not. Coming to the case this late, the attorney should not cost a lot, and will likely get you more than you would have gotten alone.
You need to explain all of the facts to an attorney before a reasoned estimate of the valve of your claim can be made.