What is going on with a DUI in one state OVI in another? How? 11 Answers as of June 03, 2015

If you receive a DUI in one state will it show up in another? In the first one I refused the breathalyzer and in the second state I blew a .170. Will court know? When the officer ran my background it states that there is a prior!

I think your question shows you know the answer. Most states share that information on a central federal registry. You can help yourself, and reduce the penalty, by entering some kind of treatment program for substance abuse. Good Luck.
Yes, it will show up.
Most states have a reciprocity agreement where DMV records and convictions are shared. It will most likely show up as a prior.
They could, depending on which state. The systems of certain states are better connected. You need to hire a DUI specialist, and do it soon because you have only 10 days to save your license.
Law Office of Edward J. Blum
Law Office of Edward J. Blum | Edward J. Blum
OVI is a broader statute than DUI. O stands for Operating and can be anything concerning control of the car. Driving is driving. Yes. Probably.
    The various states share data and will know about all of you prior record. Get an attorney, this is very serious and could be jail, community service, license revocation, interlocks, fines and costs.
    Each state will know that you have a prior DUI in another state. Alcohol and drug dependency will always rear its head. Ready to get help?
    Best DUI Lawyer
    Best DUI Lawyer | Aniko Hoover
    Sometimes the police or district attorney will not find a DUI in another state. You will know on your court date what you are being charged with. Most likely if your OVI was within the last 10 years, you will be charged with a SECOND DUI here in California.
    Law Offices of Stephanie Lee Ehrbright, Esq.
    Law Offices of Stephanie Lee Ehrbright, Esq. | Stephanie Lee Ehrbright
    The courts might be able to see priors from other jurisdictions. Some look, some do not. If they can prove you were convicted of the other offense then they can use it as a prior. It doesn't matter if one state has a different name for it as long as it is driving while impaired.
    The Rogers Law Firm
    The Rogers Law Firm | Andrea Storey Rogers
    Yes, all states share DUI conviction information with each other, so your home state will know that you received a DUI in another state, and the prosecutor will use the prior DUI conviction to enhance the sentencing for the current DUI.
    Darrell B. Reynolds, P.C. | Darrell B. Reynolds
    States do share criminal history of people convicted of crimes.