What forms should I send to adjust my status? 2 Answers as of February 28, 2017

I enter the US in 2005 with a tourist visa B1/B2. I didn't leave the country. I just got married. My wife is an American citizen. We have a nine month old baby.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
The Law Office of David L. Leon
The Law Office of David L. Leon | David L. Leon
Don't do it yourself.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 2/28/2017
Frazier, Soloway & Poorak, P.C.
Frazier, Soloway & Poorak, P.C. | David Nabow Soloway
Generally, an adjustment of status application process for a foreign national in the marriage-based Immediate Relative visa category involves filing a Petition for Relative Alien, an Application for Adjustment of Status, biographical information forms, an Affidavit of Support, application for an Employment Authorization Document (and for some, an application for Advance Parole) and a full set of supporting documents. Failure to properly complete and fully document applications can lead to substantial delays or even more harsh consequences. Immigration applications often can be far more complex than they may appear, and it would be wise for you and your wife to consult with an immigration attorney who, after learning all of the relevant information about you and your family could advise about immigration eligibilities, options and strategies, and could then offer legal representation in the application process.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 2/28/2017
Click to View More Answers: