What forms do we need to file an immigration petition? 3 Answers as of April 19, 2011

A friend of mine who is an American Citizen (Peruvian born) wants to file an application for permanent residence on behalf of his brother who is a national of Peru. What forms will he need to submit to CIS and how long is the wait.

Form I-130; G-325. The instructions will be on the form, complete with what kind of documents to submit. Be prepared to wait 5 to 8 years. Good luck!
Marie Michaud Attorney At Law
Marie Michaud Attorney At Law | Marie Michaud
Your friend must be 21 years old. he files I-130 with whatever Service Center that has jurisdiction over his place of residence. The petition takes mre than a few months to be adjudicated (I have seen some taking almost 6 years!). However, the main problem is waiting for the visa to be available to start the consular processing. It currently takes about 11 years for a brother from Peru to file for another brother from Peru, and complete the process. I hope these two Peruvian brothers have a great deal of patience!
You will need an I130 and will wait 10 years or longer.