What is the first step in filing for bankruptcy? 6 Answers as of October 27, 2010

I am overwhelmed by all the information that I read about bankruptcy and I need to know what is the first thing I should do. I am delinquent on house payments, credit card bills and medical bills. I keep getting notices and calls from the debt collectors and I want to tell them that I am filing for bankruptcy but I don’t know what else to do next. Please help.

Law Offices of Michael J. Berger
Law Offices of Michael J. Berger | Michael J. Berger
The best first step in filing for bankruptcy is to call a Certified Specialist in Bankruptcy Law and arrange a free consultation. He or she can help you to come to the right decision.

To arrange a free consultation with me, just call me.
Greifendorff Law Offices, PC
Greifendorff Law Offices, PC | Christine Wilton
Meet with an attorney to prepare the petition is your first step towards financial freedom from debt!
Sussman & Associates
Sussman & Associates | Mitchell Sussman
You should hire a qualified bankruptcy attorney to walk you through the process. What seems overwhelming to you, is really quite straight forward to a qualified bankruptcy practitioner.
The first step is to see if you qualify for a bankruptcy. I suggest you consult an attorney as this can be an in depth process.
First thing you should do is have a consultation with a bankruptcy attorney.
    Law Office of David P. Farrell
    Law Office of David P. Farrell | David Farrell
    Do not wait! Contact an experienced bankruptcy attorney to discuss your available options.answer this question by using the reply button. The original content and subject should not be modified, otherwise your answer will not be valid.