What is the fine if charged with a contributing to a delinquency of a minor and I'm 24 she was 18? 14 Answers as of June 27, 2013

I was given a ticket recently for contributing to a delinquency of a minor and was hoping to find out how much my charge might run? It is my first charge of this kind and I am clueless on how to go about this?

Law & Mediation Office of Jeffrey L. Pollock, Esq.
Law & Mediation Office of Jeffrey L. Pollock, Esq. | Jeffrey Lawrence Pollock
How did you contribute: alcohol presumably (or sex, drugs, porn, etc.)? What are your unrelated priors?
Shane Law Office
Shane Law Office | Robert J. Shane
This is probably a misdemeanor offense and you may be at risk for jail time and not just a fine.
That is a misdemeanor and you should retain a good criminal lawyer to handle the matter. If you are indigent you will have a public defender appointed to represent you. You should try to get the case dismissed so that you do not have a criminal record which will make it very hard to get a decent job.
Mace J. Yampolsky, LTD
Mace J. Yampolsky, LTD | Mace Yampolsky
The maximum fine is $1,000 and 6 months in jail.
The quesion of "how much" is the last thing you need to worry about, because it is the criminal record that will haunt you for the next decade. If convicted, you can kiss your school/employment aspirations goodbye. Hire a lawyer if you want to beat the charge.
    PC 272 contributing to the delinquency of a minor is a misdemeanor, punishable by up to one year in county jail, a fine of up to $2,500, and up to five years of informal probation. However, if you are convicted under Penal Code 272(b)(1), If you are convicted of a misdemeanor under this subdivision, you face up to six months in jail and a maximum $1,000 fine. If you are convicted of an infraction under this subdivision, you simply face a maximum $250 fine.
    I would need further information to answer. You should hire an attorney and disclose all the facts and circumstances.
    First you should get a lawyer. If this charge has anything to do with sexual behavior you could be put a sexual offenders list. Second maybe something can be worked out where you end up with no record.
    R. Jason de Groot, P.A
    R. Jason de Groot, P.A | R. Jason de Groot
    I believe it is slightly over $200.
    First of all you need to retain an attorney.18 is not a minor. So, you cannot be charged with any offense involving a minor when she is not a minor. If she is 16 she is a minor. And does not matter what age she told you she was.
    Anderson Law Office
    Anderson Law Office | Scott L. Anderson
    In MN this would be a misdemeanor and would require a court appearance. A misdemeanor is punishable by 90 days in jail and a $1000 fine.
    The maximum fine won't help you. Because the court rarely imposes the maximum fine.
    Leonard A. Kaanta, P.C. | Leonard A. Kaanta
    It is misdemeanor with fines and courts it will probably be $1000.
    Wilson & Cain, P.A.
    Wilson & Cain, P.A. | Gary M. Wilson
    Best thing to do is call the court to find out what their fines are-"costs" can vary, and are added onto fines, so it's a tough question to answer. I'd be very careful about just paying a ticket for that offense, though. There can be very serious consequences of having that on your record.