What is the fee and processing time for sponsoring a sibling for entry to the US? 8 Answers as of December 19, 2010

My brother is US Citizen and he wants to sponsor me as an immigrant to USA, kindly tell me about the fee and process time?

The fee for your brother to pay for the I-130 Petition for Alien Relative is $420, and once that is approved (in about 2-5 months), then you are on the fourth level preference for a visa application for what is called adjustment of status. The waiting time for that permission is at least 9 years, 16 years if you're from Mexico, and 23 years if you are from the Philippines. I am sorry for such bad news, but you will need a closer relative or a willing employer to give you a chance. Best to you.
JCS Immigration & Visa Law Office
JCS Immigration & Visa Law Office | Jack C. Sung
The fee is $1033, however, it will most likely take 7-9 depending on how fast USCIS processes this case, which is outside of an immigration attorney's control.
441 Legal Group, Inc.
441 Legal Group, Inc. | Gareth H. Bullock
The initial fee is $425 and the processing time is 9 years.
Law Offices of Daniel Richardson
Law Offices of Daniel Richardson | Daniel R. Richardson
The fee for filing an I-130 petition is presently $420.

There is a few months processing time until USCIS requests a visa from the state department. The amount of waiting time due to the preference system depends on a number of factors, but the approximate processing time for the visa is specified in the visa bulletin published monthly by the state department and available at www.state.gov.
It will take about 10-12 years before your brother would be able to immigrate on the basis of a petition you would file on his behalf, so it is probably not the most practical way for him to come to the US if he is interested in coming to the US in the very near future.

Please feel free to contact me directly with any additional questions or if you need assistance with this matter.
    The fee is $420 and it might increase any time. The processing time depends on what center you submit your petition to. The wait for sibling can be as long as 9-11 years.

If there is some other way to sponsor him, you are advised to do so.

You are more than welcome to contact us for further assistance.
    Fletcher, Tilton & Whipple, PC
    Fletcher, Tilton & Whipple, PC | Kirk A. Carter
    We charge $750 to file a I-130 for a sibling, the filing fee that you pay to USCIS is $420. The processing time to get the petition approved can be anywhere from 6 months to a year, however, there is an approximate 10 year wait for a visa in this category, which means that even if your petition is approved you will still have to wait until a visa becomes available for you. Also, if you are not in legal status at the time a visa becomes available or do not have a grandfathered petition under section 245(i) [a law which allowed people to pay a $1,000 penalty in order to have their interview here and avoid having to leave the US], you will be required to return to your home country to be processed for your green card. When you get to the US Consulate in your home country, if they determine that you have been in the US "unlawfully" for more than 180 days they will not let you return to the US for 3 years, and if they determine that you have been here "unlawfully" for more than 365 days, they won't let you come back for 10 years!