What is the fastest way to obtain a citizenship? 2 Answers as of July 29, 2011

I am a US citizen, born and raised in the US. My husband is Saudi Arabian. We married in the UAE (United Arab Emirates) in 2008. We are interested in starting the process to obtain US citizenship for my husband. We have lived in the UAE and Saudi Arabia, and I have traveled back and forth since that time. My husband will come to the US this summer on a Tourist Visa. We would like to find a lawyer in the San Francisco/Marin/Sonoma County area to help advice us, guide us, and help with the paperwork in this matter. We need someone to advise us of the absolute fastest way possible to do this. My husband is prepared to open a business, a bank account, buy a house, whatever it takes to complete this quickly.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Kazmi & Sakata
Kazmi & Sakata | Harun Kazmi
Hello, the quickest way for citizenship is through the US military. However, since you are married and will be in the US, you will likely first file for his Residency/green card. After 3 years of Residency, he will qualify for US citizenship.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 7/29/2011
Christian Schmidt, Attorney at Law
Christian Schmidt, Attorney at Law | Christian Schmidt
Your husband must first become a permanent resident of the U.S. (get a green card) for at least 3 years before he qualifies for citizenship. Because you are already married, he should pursue the application process from outside the U.S. unless he qualifies for a visa that allows him to come to the U.S. with the intention to pursue a green card. There are ways to do it if he qualifies for certain work visas. You should consult with an experienced immigration attorney to discuss your options. Good advice depends on too many factors to give you a simple answer.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 7/27/2011
Click to View More Answers: