What is the fastest way to legally bring my fiancé from India to the United States? 8 Answers as of January 17, 2011

My fiance and I will be marrying in India in April. He is not a US citizen but I am. How long will it take him to come here? And also is it faster to apply that way or applying him for the K visa as a fiance and marrying him here?

Carlos E. Sandoval, P.A.
Carlos E. Sandoval, P.A. | Carlos Sandoval
The fastest way is through a petition. It can be done either after or before you get married. It will take around six months.
Check www.uscis.gov for processing time.
Calderón Seguin PLC
Calderón Seguin PLC | Ofelia L. Calderon
The timing between the fiance visa and the spouse petition is very similar.However, it is possible that as you are not married now and will not be until April, it may be faster to begin with the fiance visa now if you qualify for it. It may be that processing may be completed close to your April date. Of course, that means that you would not be getting married in April since you cannot be married when you come on the fiance visa.
Hard to say; the K-1 (fiance ) visa v. the K-3 (visa for spouse married abroad). In terms of actual time involved, they actually might be about the same (in my opinion).
Marie Michaud Attorney At Law
Marie Michaud Attorney At Law | Marie Michaud
It takes about 8-12 months to bring a fianc here. It takes about the same time for a spouse. However, if you began to file for him as a fianc, do not get married in the middle of the process, as you will have to restart the process. Good luck.
    441 Legal Group, Inc.
    441 Legal Group, Inc. | Gareth H. Bullock
    If you can get him here on a K visa, it may work out faster than consular processing.
    You can file and I-130 petition for him once you are married, and then file a I-129F Petition for a K-3 visa. The process will take 6-12 months for him to receive either his Immigrant Visa or K-3 visa. If you do not get married, and instead petition him for a fiance visa (K-1), it will likely take a few months less.

These are the only two methods to legally bring him here in your situation.

Retaining an experienced immigration attorney to handle the matter will ensure that everything will be done quickly and properly.
    After marriage you have the I-130/ DS-230 to immigrate or K-3 and then adjustment in the U.S.. These days the processing times are identical so I would do a straight immigration and avoid the extra fees of the K-3. That way once he comes he will be a conditional permanent resident (Unless you are married at least two years.)

If you would like a quote for us to handle this for you let me know and I will send you the forms and fees so you can get everything ready to take with you when you travel to avoid the loss of time in filing.